Saturday, May 19, 2018


Inside

Outside,

the world

is noisy and chaotic,

full of voices

calling out my name,

hands

grabbing at my flesh

as they cling to me

in desperate need

of something

I don’t know

how to give.

 

Outside,

the world

is fast and pressured,

with clocks

reprimanding me with

their sharp ticking speeches,

“Get moving!

Keep doing!

Get it done!”

 

Outside,

the world

is a blurry collage

of faces

that rush past me

with their grievances

and their pleas for help.

My hand is so weary

it trembles

when I lift it up

to wipe away a tear

from one of those lovely cheeks.

 

Outside,

the world

is not accepting

of the fatigue and pain

that is claiming

my body

and my mind,

telling me

to just push past it

so that I do not complicate

the constant momentum

of things.

 

Inside,

the world

is different.

 

Inside,

the world

is quiet and peaceful.

 

Inside,

the world

is slow and still.

 

Inside,

the world

is full of  abundant Love.

 

Inside,

the world

is accepting of “what is”.

 

Inside,

is where

everything is real.

 

Inside,

is where

I want to be.

 
 
Dale-Lyn 2010

It is funny how I am running into all these poems now that I wrote so long ago.  They speak to the same issues I am dealing with now...the same learning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment