Thursday, January 4, 2018

I am here only to be truly helpful.
ACIM (Chapter 2:V:18:2)

  As I mentioned I am studying A Course in Miracles again, as well as The Yoga Sutras and some Buddhist teachings.  I am open to everything that comes to me and believe me, it has really been coming to me lol. The more open I am to learning, the more the learning tools seem to land on my lap.  As is the way.  Some of the teaching tools I am studying from would have at one time seem to have been too bizarre for me to even consider. Now I am soaking up what they have to offer like a thirsty sponge.

Though there will be lots of tools, lots of teachers, lots of experiences in my own learning that I will share, I have to stress that my own  way of learning is just that...my way.  You will have your way as you will be guided to go.  I don't want anyone to get caught up on the tools and teachers I am using...just the messages being taught.  Try your best not to "judge"... just to hear and feel what is being shared. Find the message within. If you hear a resounding "Yeah!" within yourself...go with it.  If you don't...go without.  These messages from every tool and every teacher I offer here  are universal.

A Course in Miracles speaks to me for reasons I cannot even understand yet.  Despite my initial resistance to the terminology, it calls me back to it again and again. Not because of the teacher, not because of the terms used, not because of the Christian philosophy or even the psychology references which I understand so well...but because of the message.  It is the message that resonates in my core. It is proving to be a wonderful teaching tool and the Teacher it refers me to is by far the most trustworthy teacher I have ever had.  :)

These are the lessons I want to share from A Course  and from my own learning.  I want to teach these ones because these are the ones I most want to learn. I have touched on all of them before in my previous entries but now I want to organize them into a teaching/learning tool that will help me master them by sharing them.  What we teach we learn and what we learn we teach.  :)

Lessons:
  1. We need to change the way we think
  2. We need to get beyond our "thinking" to the truth of who we are
  3. We need to know who we are and from Whom we came
  4. We need to understand what the ego is so we truly see it as the "nothing" that it is.
  5. We need to detach ourselves from our physical world attachments, including our attachment to the body
  6. We need to see fear for what it is so we can get beyond it
  7. We need to be open and willing to accept Love in our lives
  8. We need to know that our purpose here is to extend that Love
There are all kinds of sub lessons hidden within these big ones but the question to ask is Why do we need to do these things? I should rephrase the "need".  You do not have to do these things. You have free will to an extent.  You can spend the rest of your life doing what you are doing, seeing yourself in the way ego sees you. That is your choice.  But who of us would continue doing that if we knew the alternative? 

We will all get to a point when we will realize we are not happy with version of reality we are living in (which we may or may not know is ego's version)...it doesn't satisfy.  It doesn't sustain.  It leaves us feeling sick, fearful and confused. We may accept it as the only way and learn to "endure" the life it offers but something within will tell us that there is something more than this intended for us...something we cannot find in our worldly pursuits. When we get there...to that point where we ask the question: Is there another way? ...that the lessons will be helpful.  Before then they will go nowhere. Do nothing.  You have to be at the point where you are willing to at least question that you do not have to live like this; that the world does not have to be the way you see it.

When you are willing to question the possibility of another way of being, you are willing to take the first steps to accepting another way.  Then these lessons here...the lessons anywhere that speak of the universal truth...will be what you need.

I am only teaching because I am there.  I am willing to accept a better way.  And I know I cannot learn of it without teaching it.  I cannot teach it without learning it.  :) (That will make more sense as we go on. )

So bear with me as I seemingly step into arrogance...by taking up  a teacher role outside my classroom.  It is not a "special" role nor am I "special".  It is just a blessed role we are all meant to take up so we can learn of this amazing truth we have somehow forgotten. 

It is all good.  It is all so very good.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment