Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Stress, Illness and a Need to Relax

Another video!  Still on this body- mind kick when it comes to illness and fascinated, as I have been for decades, about the effect stress has on our bodies. So I am sharing a bit of learning I have gained over the years... in the perfectly  imperfect way I do lol.

What this video will discuss:
  • The General Adaptation Syndrome (Hans Seyle) and how we get stuck in resistance to the point of exhaustion
  • The competing parts of the Autonomic Nervous system
  • The stress response vs. the relaxation response in terms of physiology
  • Stress as a reaction to a perceived threat
  • Chronic low grade stress
  • How illness can develop

I hope it is helpful.

Remember though...this is only to help in the understanding of illness in physical world terms.  Our ultimate goal is to experience it in the same way the Spirit does (which is not at all) so we can get beyond its limitation.



Bloopers:

I am aware that Illness on the title should have  two l's lol. And man ...do I use my pronouns, and conjunctions inappropriately when I am speaking off the top of my head like that.  I would like to go back and change it all but that isn't going to happen lol! So I expose my imperfect self once again, all in the hope that the message itself will be beneficial to someone somewhere! 

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment