Monday, November 6, 2017

On a Mission to Prove it is All in Our Heads

Promoting health without encouraging others to seek wholeness is an exercise in futility.  Not until we realize that our bodies are mirrors of our interpersonal, spiritual, professional, sexual, creative, financial, environmental, mental, and emotional health will we truly heal.
Lissa Rankin, M.D. (http://www.azquotes.com/author/49687-Lissa_Rankin)

I am still a little out of it as I try to transcend my perception of illness where the acute seems to be meeting the chronic.  In my mind it is being translated as a "not fun experience" lol which my body picks up on...but it is truly only in our minds, is it not?  Isn't all illness psychosomatic? 

By all means we need to look after the body especially when we "perceive" illness and seek help if so required...but...isn't it exciting to think that we can get to the point of knowing we can heal ourselves?  I want that knowing!

Well I am on a mission to prove that we can as you can tell by my previous writings.  And what landed on my lap from the generous hands of Grace and Ease two days ago? ...An amazing book entitled, Mind over Medicine by Lissa Rankin, M.D. It was like wow!  This is exactly what I am looking for as I look to marry the spiritual understanding of belief in illness with the scientific.  It just shows up in my life!

Dr. Rankin has done an extremely thorough literature review and analyze of studies in medical and other allied health journals that help to provide evidence for the fascinating truth: It really is all in our heads.  If it is in our heads we can do something about it!

I just can't stop reading it...and I am looking into the studies she looked into for even more information. (Hope that's not cheating...all credit definitely goes to her for her exhausted research and for guiding the way into the journals!!!)

I am definitely on  a mission and it is not just the fever and the brain fog of a low cardiac output talking ...lol.  So fasten your seat belts.

Be sure to read:


Rankin M.D., Lissa. Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself . Hay House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
or
Rankin M.D., Lissa (2013) Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself. Hay House

No comments:

Post a Comment