Friday, November 10, 2017

Isn't it Ironic?

It's healthy to be sick sometimes.
-Henry David Thoreau (http://www.picturequotes.com/being-sick-quotes)

I quote the amazing Canadian Lyricist, Alanis Morrisette, "Isn't it ironic?"   The irony I am speaking about is how on my quest to understand the psychosomaticity (is this even a word lol?) of illness  I become 'ill' with influenza that  becomes a classic case of pneumonia...all within a two week period.

Isn't that indeed ironic?

 I hear myself saying "Wow!  Why is this happening?"

Somewhere in the recesses of my foggy brain the Universe  answers with :  "Because you need to learn a little more about all that stuff you are spouting off!   Words and mental constructs are so limited when it comes to creating true knowledge. You need to experience it first hand! It is not as easy of a lesson as you make it out to be! You need to "experience" it to learn it. "

Lessons Learned

So I experienced it, let me tell ya! And I learned some valuable things as I did.

  1. This knowing that illness is simply an illusion created by ego requires  a multi tiered process of learning
  • Some gifted students in the class may skip though the process in what seems like an instant and experience "a miracle"  but for most of us it will be as gradual as going from grade 1 to grade 12...and maybe even having to repeat a grade or two.
  • Truth is, many  of us will not graduate to that knowing before we die.  Many of us will not heal ourselves completely from our limitations.  Many of us will not know true wellness.
  • If we are willing to learn however, willing to sit there in Life's classroom with our eyes open and our heads up...we will  definitely gain something valuable in the process even if we do not master the full manifestation of the knowing.
     2 . Belief change is also a gradual and tiered process
  • Thoughts existing in the conscious mind are much easier to reframe and reconstruct and we should continue to do that.  Repeating affirmations, "I am well!  I am well!", however,  will only do so much. We need to believe that!
  • Our beliefs do not instantaneously change just because we want them to. We want to believe illness is an illusion but we have years and years of collective and repetitive conditioning stuffed into our subconscious minds, that tells us illness is, as are all things in ego's version of the world, very real.
  • We need to dig deep and understand what those beliefs are in terms of illness and limitation...which is a big process within itself. Only when  we have those beliefs out in the open, confronting and accepting them, can we  work on changing them.
  • Many of my beliefs are still undiscovered but I am working on those I have pulled out from the deep recesses of my mind.

     3. We need to know illness through ego's eyes before we can know it through Spirit's.
  • We need to know that our true Self does not recognize illness...does not see it, does not understand it, and cannot empathize with us when we perceive it through our little self.
  • If we experience it or feel overwhelmed by it...ego is in charge and ego is in charge for many of us most of the time.  It is okay.  It is the way it is.  We are simply not where we want to be yet.
  • So in sense...when you feel ill, it is very real to your experience at the time because it is real to ego...therefore it can do damage at that level because ego gets you to believe it can. It cannot do damage at the Spirit level/the real level of your existence but it can at the level of  ego.  Since most of us are operating at the egoic level we will experience that damage.
  • Therefore...you need to treat it with whatever means you have come to believe will be helpful.  By no means have I been suggesting that we do not seek medical help or help outside ourselves if we think it will help.  If we believe it will help we need to go for it. 
  • I still think in medical model terms.  Those beliefs are still operating in my subconscious mind. When I perceived/experienced my breathing was being effected I felt I  needed something to open my airways.   I believed I needed to seek the help of a physician.  I needed an antibiotic.  So I am using those devices because my egoic mind still believes they will help and they are helping! I am so very grateful for them.  After three days of not being able to experience a full breath of air...I feel blessed and thrilled to be able to breathe more easily thanks to these devices.
  • My ego right now is still the boss of my belief system. I don't want to allow ego to be in control forever...my intent is definitely to get beyond ego but I recognize and accept it is a process.
     4. We need to accept that the process of healing goes beyond our bodily limitations
  • Don't beat yourself up if you find yourself still in the elementary classroom of your Life learning.  Embrace the learning as it comes.  Make the most of it. Don't panic to keep up with others on their journey to enlightenment.  You are exactly where you are meant to be.
  • Remember where you are going.  Choose Love and keep moving towards it.  Take  one step at a time; climb one ladder rung at a time. You will get there.
  • Getting beyond bodily limitation and illness is only one small step on this healing journey.  There is so much more to experience when we choose Love over fear.  Embrace the healing as it arises in your life in whatever form it comes. Regardless if you still feel sick from time to time, know that you are still healing in the truest sense of the word.
  • Keep healing!
It is all good.  All is well in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment