Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Just Feel Better Video

Another Video.  The videos  are getting easier for me to do but maybe not easier for you to watch lol
 This one took about 40 minutes to an hour from the time I thought to do it until the time it was published...so that is good.

I learn a lot of strange things about my outward appearance when I watch myself on video. I scare myself with some of my facial expressions...good thing it was done on Halloween.

I think it is so cool to watch yourself objectively as you are communicating...lets you see what others see.  The experience is usually full of surprises. I actually get my Communications students to videotape themselves in a role play scenario so they can critique the way they are presenting self to others.

What I want to stress

Please know when I speak about lifting ourselves up from despair I am not undermining the challenge of those emotions.  I worked in Mental Health so I am aware of how these emotional experiences can impact our judgments and decisions.  I also know from my own dark times (and we all get them) how hard it can be to take the first step. Climbing up is not always easy, even if it is only one rung at a time.

Please.... I cannot stress this enough...if you are chronically experiencing things like despair and helplessness ... seek professional help.  Reach out to someone. Don't suffer in silence. You are too valuable not to feel better!

Also remember there is no shame in feeling our emotions...only in the sometimes desperate  consequence of denying them. Tell someone how you are feeling!

I  want you, us, the whole world to just feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment