Monday, September 4, 2017

Another Video

So here is another practice video.  I see what has to be done to make these things better lol.  I will keep trying but in the mean time...if one single person gets something positive from the message, it is well worth any criticism or exposure of my imperfect technique and appearance. 

I also like that it gives me a chance to practice my speaking...I am pretty rusty.   I like to just sit in front of the camera and let er rip without any prep.  Half of the time I have no idea what I am going to talk about until I open my mouth.  That way I know it is coming from the most sincere part of me. It is challenging but I like the flow of it.  It helps get me back into the speaking arena.

Still going to keep the videos here, with limited exposure. I won't do anything but put them here and I will wait for some internal message to do otherwise. My gut will tell me when it's time to share myself more. Right now I am content with what I have.

I do not put a lot of effort into getting my blog out there, either.  I tell few people...do not advertise other than maybe giving the site name out on my bios when I submit for publications. Though I want people to have access if it is going to help them in anyway to read my stuff (and I have to tell myself it will help someone lol or else I wouldn't be writing).  I am not sure if I am ready for a lot of viewers or readers at this point.

My goal is not to get numbers, to get the million hits (not that I would turn my nose up at that lol).  My goal  is to get a message out there...one person at a time...to practice and perfect my learning, my growing, my writing and my speaking as I do.  I guess that makes me pretty narcissistic, doesn't it?

You might be thinking, "That's  good crazy lady because  those videos are never going to compete with other you tube videos. I would watch a thousand funny pet or people falling down videos before I watch another one of yours!"  I am okay with that lol.  I don't want to compete. 

Which is a good thing since my stats are so unpredictable...yesterday I had 39 hits ( I was like Wow!!) and today I had two and I think both came from me. lol.  Most people get excited when they hit the 6 digits in hits...I get excited when I hit the 2 digit numbers lol.

I guess, when I look at this process I think:  It really isn't about "me".  Whatever it is that is compelling me to do this, you to do whatever it is you may feel pulled to do,  doesn't get lost in the little "me" dramas of the world.

It's all good.  It is all so very good.


Practice Video Three:  A little more on Waking Up

No comments:

Post a Comment