Saturday, June 10, 2017

A Gift of Life

Every Moment is a gift of life
Thich Nhat Hanh
 

Waking up this morning, I smile:
Twenty-four brand new hours are before me.
I vow to live each moment fully
and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.
Thich Nhat Hanh
 
I am trying to wake up in the morning in the best of ways.  It isn't always easy...sometimes life comes flying at me, landing with a thump in the center of my chest when I open my eyes.  ( literally lol). Before I have a chance to smile and be thankful I seem to have something I need to deal with.  Yet...I am still trying because I see the value in every moment...I see life in every moment...I know that life can only be found in this moment.  Thich Nhat Hanh, a vietemese Buddhist Monk and author of many books intended gently to wake people up ...teaches this simple philosophy in peace is every breath. So I like to wake up to his words.
 
All is well in my world.
 
References:
 
Thich Nhat Hanh (2011) peace is every breath. New York: Harper One.

About the pic: Manual mode; f/7.1; SS 1/80; ISO 200...slightly overexposed for obvious reasons lol



No comments:

Post a Comment